Wednesday 29 January 2014

Waste

For my waste project I would like to focus on schools in Medway and what they throw away each day. In schools paper is used up every day and mostly wasted, I want to see what other equipment is used up or ‘wasted’ in our local schools. I want to focus more in the art and design technology departments, as they’re resources are being used every day, and many projects created by students are being thrown out. Also many pieces of furniture are being thrown out, old stalls, chairs and tables, all because the new are coming in. I want to investigate this as my father works in a local school as a Technician and he tells me constantly how much wood the schools goes through each term, and every day he finds himself ordering new supplies. I also want to look at waste of talent, as there are many technicians these days including my dad that is taken for granted. In my eyes I find that the simple technician is the back bone to all teachers, as they support and help pupils but they aren't given the same respect.  I have met a lot of pupils at the school my father works, and they all say that “Mr. Williams is a fun, creative and an intelligent guy”.  But the waste in schools is something very important, and most people seem to miss it, that is why I am choosing this, not because of a personal reason but of a professional reason. I want to show what is being done and to project the people at these schools and what they want to change and if it can be changed. I just want to show if waste in schools can be reduced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment